Safeguarding is at the heart of all that we do.
- We are committed to protecting and promoting the rights and welfare of everyone who uses our services
- We have a key role in safeguarding adults and children in our care who may be experiencing abuse of neglect.
- We work closely with partner agencies in our clinic locations to protect those at risk
- We recognise that everyone working for Pioneer who comes into contact with an adult or child has a responsibility to keep them safe.
- We have a number of comprehensive policies related to safeguarding which are embedded in our practice
- All of our staff – whether clinical or administration – undertake mandatory training in Adult and Child safeguarding
There are 6 safeguarding principles which we follow:
- Empowerment- to support and encourage to make informed decision
- Prevention- taking action to prevent harm
- Proportionality- least intrusive response to the presented risk
- Protection- representation and support
- Partnership-services working together
- Accountability-and transparency in safeguarding practices
Please contact us if you would like any further details relating to safeguarding within Pioneer Wound Healing and Lymphoedema Centres.
Here are some useful websites if you have any concerns about vulnerable adults or children:
Safeguarding Adults – West Sussex – www.westsussexsab.org.uk
Safeguarding Children – West Sussex – www.westsussexscb.org.uk
Safeguarding Adults – East Sussex – www.eastsussexsab.org.uk
Safeguarding Children – East Sussex – www.eastsussexlscb.org.uk
Preventing Child Sexual Abuse: “Stop it Now” – www.stopitnow.org.uk
On line safety: – www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/keeping-children-safe/online-safety